3/6/11

Possibly, My (JD's) New Favorite National Park

I stopped in for a quick visit to Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa, CO the other day.  I've been near it before, but have never stopped in.  I'm so glad I finally did!  The Dunes were amazing!  They reach 750 feet high in some places and cover almost 40 square miles (and can be seen from space).  To top it off, the Dunes have 14,000 ft peaks to the north and south (we have climbed Blanca and Ellingwood in the past).

A small portion of the Dunes. 

Blanca, Ellingwood, and Little Bear (all 14ers) sit near the Dunes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi JD,

    My family and I visited this park last July. We thought is was amazing too! The kids loved playing and running down the dunes. The next day we did a nice hike to Zappata Falls on the BLM land.
    Peace,
    Jennifer
    Hiking Along

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis